Attica – Greece
Population Group Targeted
Free-living elderly (not hospitalized or institutionalized) with certain risk factors for NCDs, such as dyslipidemia, hypertension, (pre)diabetes, obesity.
(age: > 60)
PRESENTATION OF THE AREA AND ITS RELEVANCE
- Administrative region and country’s capital
- About 4,500,000 inhabitants, of whom more than 95% live in the Athens metropolitan area
- Multidimensional culinary scene with great influence from the Mediterranean area
- 20% of the population is over 65 years old
- More generally in Greece: Primary care promoting healthy and active living for the elderly is at a very premature stage.
Dr. Mavrogianni Christina
Nutritionist-Dietician, Research Associate