Budapest – Hungary
Population Group Targeted
Single young parents with low SES. Single-parent families are one of the most vulnerable groups in Hungary, as they are the most at risk of poverty or exclusion.
(age: 18 – 34)
PRESENTATION OF THE AREA AND ITS RELEVANCE
- Hungary’s principal political, cultural, commercial, industrial, and transportation center (20% of the total population lives here).
- Unfavourable dietary trends: decreasing fiber, fruit, and vegetable intake among the general population (HU); one of the highest salt intake per person per day in the European region.
- Food poverty affects almost 10.5% of the population.
- Food is the most important item in household expenditure (24,4% of the total).
- 33 % of young adults are obese or overweight.